Wednesday 20 May 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chiharu Igaya and Constance Towers.
Svengali, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1931!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1931 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Chiharu Igaya: Japan -- Slalom (1956 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Constance Towers: American actress and singer she performed in many stage versions of American musicals such as "The King And I" and "Camelot.
- Ken Boyer: American baseball player and manager (d. 1982).
- Paul Evans: American furniture designer and sculptor (d. 1987).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 May 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?