Tuesday 3 May 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Sacco Jr in Boston and Ken Hom.
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Greatest Story Ever Told by Fulton Oursler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Crusade in Europe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1949 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Albert Sacco Jr in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; PhD/astronaut (STS 73).
- Ken Hom: Chinese American chef.
- Manuel Babbitt: American homicide: a former Marine and Vietnam veteran who was executed for murdering a 78-year-old woman in her home.
- Albert Sacco: American astronaut who blasted into space aboard the Space Shuttle Columbia 10/20/1995, 9:35 AM, Cape Canaveral, FL.
- Liam Donaldson: English physician and academic.
- Ruth Lister: Baroness Lister of Burtersett English academic and politician
- Ron Wyden: American academic and politician
- 1st firing of a US Viking rocket; reached 80 km
- First firing of a US Viking rocket; reaches 80 km.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?