Sunday 17 May 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dewey Redman and Marshall Applewhite.
Svengali, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1931!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1931 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Dewey Redman: Jazz musician.
- Marshall Applewhite: American cult leader who led 39 members of "Heaven's Gate" to their death by suicide on 3/27/97.
- Jerry Norton: American football safety and punter in the National Football League for the Philadelphia Eagles, the Chicago/St. Louis Cardinals, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Green Bay Packers.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?