Wednesday 13 May 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Jones (cult) and Gérard Mulliez.
Svengali, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 May 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1931!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1931 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Jim Jones (cult)
- Gérard Mulliez: French industrialist, who began his commercial career as a director of knitting machine manufacturing, 1956-1958 then Sales Director, 1958-1960.
- Giulio Brogi: Italian actor who has appeared in 39 films and television shows since 1967.
- Eileen Diss: Theatrical designer (August, Secret Places, Betrayal).
- Sydney Lipworth: South African-English lawyer businessman and philanthropist.
- Jim Jones: American cult figure, the Leader of The People's Temple.
- William Utting: chief inspector (British Social Services).
- Josif Marinkovic: Composer, dies at 79.
- Paul Doumer is elected president of France.