Wednesday 13 May 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eileen Diss and William Utting.
The 3 Penny Opera, directed by G.W. Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1931!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1931 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Eileen Diss: Theatrical designer (August, Secret Places, Betrayal).
- William Utting: chief inspector (British Social Services).
- Giulio Brogi: Italian actor who has appeared in 39 films and television shows since 1967.
- Jim Jones: American cult figure, the Leader of The People's Temple.
- Gérard Mulliez: French industrialist, who began his commercial career as a director of knitting machine manufacturing, 1956-1958 then Sales Director, 1958-1960.
- Sydney Lipworth: South African-English lawyer businessman and philanthropist
- Josif Marinkovic: Composer, dies at 79.
- Paul Doumer is elected president of France.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?