Wednesday 3 November 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helmut Koinigg and Lulu .
Blood on the Moon, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Studio One in Hollywood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1948!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1948 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Helmut Koinigg: Austrian racing driver (d. 1974).
- Lulu : Scottish singer; a red-haired pop singer of the late '60s, known for singing the theme song and acting in the film, "To Sir With Love.
- Akira Emoto: Japanese actor.
- Takashi Kawamura: Japanese politician.
- Helmuth Koinigg: Austrian Formula One driver (Born 1948).
- 2nd NHL All-Star Game: All-Stars beat Toronto 3-1 at Chicago
- Chicago Tribune reports: Dewey beats Truman
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Buttons and Bows - Dinning Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?