Friday 26 November 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Galina Prozumenschikova and Kresimir Cosic.
3 Godfathers, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Earl Wrightson Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1948!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1948 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Galina Prozumenschikova: USSR -- 200m backstroke (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kresimir Cosic: Croatian basketball player (d. 1995).
- Timothy Haddon: African mining engineer and CEO in charge of Amax Gold.
- Portland Mason: American actress.
- Elizabeth Blackburn: Australian-American biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Krešimir Ćosić: Croatian basketball player and coach (d. 1995)
- Claes Elfsberg: Swedish television presenter
- Marianne Muellerleile: American actress
- Galina Prozumenshchikova: Ukrainian-Russian swimmer and journalist (d. 2015)
- Peter Wheeler: English rugby player
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 November 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?