Friday 5 November 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Cobb and Bernard-Henri Levy.
Joan of Arc, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Tomorrow Will Be Better by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Studio One in Hollywood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1948!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1948 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Rick Cobb: Rocker.
- Bernard-Henri Levy: French public intellectual.
- Hridayananda dasa Goswami: ISKCON guru.
- Lafforgue Twins: French-Swedish alpine skiers, fraternal twins, daughters of skiers Maurice Lafforgue and May Nilsson.
- Bernard-Henri Lévy: French philosopher, author.
- Britt Laforgue:
- Ingrid Laforgue:
- Bob Barr: American lawyer and politician
- Peter Hammill: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Van der Graaf Generator)
- William Phillips: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Buttons and Bows - Dinning Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?