Sunday 28 November 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Agnieszka Holland and Turi Werkner.
Whispering Smith, directed by Leslie Fenton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Talent Scouts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 November 1948
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1948!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1948 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Agnieszka Holland: Warsaw, Poland -- Actress / director (Europa Europa).
- Beeb Birtles [Gerard Birtlekamp]: Rock guitarist (Little River Band).
- Turi Werkner: Austrian visual artist, a painter and draftsman in Vienna since 1981.
- Beeb Birtles: Dutch-Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Little River Band Mississippi Zoot Birtles Shorrock Goble and Birtles & Goble).
- Alan Lightman: American physicist author and academic.
- Dick Morris: American political consultant journalist and author.
- Hopalong Cassidy premieres on TV
- 1st Polaroid camera sold