Saturday 3 October 1981
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Seth Gabel.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Tainted Love by Soft Cell was in the top 5 hits.
My Dinner with Andre, directed by Louis Malle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Women'S Work by Anne Tolstoi Wallach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kita no kuni kara.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing VIC Avenger or Frogger.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1981!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 October 1981 ?
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Swedish football player known for his original, sometimes "foolish" behaviour.
- Seth Gabel: American actor.
- Giselle Itié
- Amanda Walsh: Canadian actress.
- Andreas Isaksson: Swedish footballer.
- German reunification (1990)
- Leïla Slimani
- Danny Coid: English footballer.
- Zlatan Ibrahimović: Swedish footballer.
- Matt Sparrow: English footballer.
- Walter Mehring: Writer, dies at 85.
- Brewers (since 1970) and Expos (1969) clinch their 1st-ever postseason
- Mike Weaver beats Quick Tillis in 15 for heavyweight boxing title
- Irish Nationalist at Maze Prison near Belfast ends seven-month hunger strike.
- The Hunger Strike by Provisional Irish Republican Army and Irish National Liberation Army prisoners at the Maze Prison in Northern Ireland ends after seven months and ten deaths.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- Foreigner - Urgent
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- ELO - Hold On Tight
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?