Saturday 3 October 1981
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Danny Coid.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Tainted Love by Soft Cell was in the top 5 hits.
My Dinner with Andre, directed by Louis Malle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kita no kuni kara.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Quest for the Rings or Spacechase.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1981!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1981 ?
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Swedish football player known for his original, sometimes "foolish" behaviour.
- Danny Coid: English footballer.
- Seth Gabel: American actor.
- Zlatan Ibrahimović: Swedish footballer.
- Andreas Isaksson: Swedish footballer.
- Walter Mehring: Writer, dies at 85.
- Brewers (since 1970) and Expos (1969) clinch their 1st-ever postseason
- Mike Weaver beats Quick Tillis in 15 for heavyweight boxing title
- Irish Nationalist at Maze Prison near Belfast ends seven-month hunger strike.
- The Hunger Strike by Provisional Irish Republican Army and Irish National Liberation Army prisoners at the Maze Prison in Northern Ireland ends after seven months and ten deaths.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 October 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- Foreigner - Urgent
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- ELO - Hold On Tight
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?