Wednesday October 14, 1981
US date format: 10/14/1981, UK date format: 14/10/1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 14, 1981). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gautam Gambhir and Boof Bonser.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) by Christopher Cross.
In UK It's My Party by Dave Stewart With Barbara Gaskin was in the top 5 hits.
Halloween II, directed by Rick Rosenthal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Luciano'S Luck by Jack Higgins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tenko.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Frogger or Asylum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 14, 1981?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- See more
- Yank Graig Nettles is 1st to get 2 hits in same inning of an ALSC game
- Citing official misconduct in the investigation and trial, Amnesty International charges the U.S. Federal Government with holding Richard Marshall of the American Indian Movement as a political prisoner.
- Vice President Hosni Mubarak is elected as the President of Egypt one week after the assassination of the President of Egypt, Anwar Sadat.
- Ingemar Liljefors: Composer, dies at 74.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 14, 1981?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Dan Fogelberg - Hard To Say
- Little River Band - The Night Owls
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Four Tops - When She Was My Girl
- Carl Carlton - She's A Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked)
- Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
- Diana Ross & Lionel Richie - Endless Love
- Rick James - Super Freak (Part I)
- Al Jarreau - We're In This Love Together
- Aretha Franklin And George Benson - Love All The Hurt Away
- The B.B. And Q. Band - On The Beat
- Denroy Morgan - I'll Do Anything For You
- Brick - Sweat (til You Get Wet)
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 14If October 14, 1981 is your birthday you're 38 years, 11 months, 17 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 13 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 14, 1981?
On October 14, 1981 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is October 14, 1981?
On October 14, 1981 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 14, 1981?
On October 14, 1981 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 14, 1981?
On October 14, 1981 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 14, 1981?
On October 14, 1981 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 14, 1981?
On October 14, 1981 several famous people were born including, Gautam Gambhir, Boof Bonser.
Which famous people died on October 14, 1981?
Famous people died on October 14, 1981 include, Ingemar Liljefors.
What was the number one song in October 14, 1981?
The number one song in the week of October 14, 1981 was Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) by Christopher Cross in US and It's My Party by Dave Stewart With Barbara Gaskin in UK.
What were the top hits on October 14, 1981?
The top hits on October 14, 1981 were Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) by Christopher Cross, Endless Love by Diana Ross, Start Me Up by The Rolling Stones in US and It's My Party by Dave Stewart With Barbara Gaskin, The Birdie Song (Birdie Dance) by The Tweets, Prince Charming by Adam & The Ants in UK.