Thursday 1 October 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rupert Friend and Roxane Mesquida.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Tainted Love by Soft Cell was in the top 5 hits.
My Dinner with Andre, directed by Louis Malle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Clowns Of God by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rod, Jane and Freddy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Fury or Tennis.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1981!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 October 1981 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Rupert Friend: English actor producer and screenwriter.
- Roxane Mesquida
- Borja Alonso
- Tom Donnelly: New Zealand rugby player.
- Gaby Mudingayi: Belgian footballer.
- Johnny Oduya: Swedish ice hockey player.
- Arnau Riera: Spanish footballer.
- David Yelldell: German-American soccer player.
- Julio Baptista: Brazilian footballer.
- Júlio Baptista: Brazilian footballer.
- Iranian plane crash
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- Foreigner - Urgent
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- ELO - Hold On Tight
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?