Sunday October 11, 1981
US date format: 10/11/1981, UK date format: 11/10/1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 11, 1981). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Beau Brady .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK It's My Party by Dave Stewart With Barbara Gaskin was in the top 5 hits.
The Professional, directed by Georges Lautner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Cujo by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tenko.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Fury or Pleiads / Pleiades.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 11, 1981?
- Expos beat Phillies, 3 games to 2, in NLCS
- Hollis Stacy wins LPGA Inamori Golf Classic
- Unknown rocker Prince opens for Rolling Stones at Louisiana Coliseum.
- LeRoy Irvin sets yards gained on punt returns record (207 yards).
- Beau Brady: Australian actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 11, 1981?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- Foreigner - Urgent
- ELO - Hold On Tight
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Four Tops - When She Was My Girl
- Carl Carlton - She's A Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked)
- Rick James - Super Freak (Part I)
- Diana Ross & Lionel Richie - Endless Love
- Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
- Al Jarreau - We're In This Love Together
- Aretha Franklin And George Benson - Love All The Hurt Away
- The B.B. And Q. Band - On The Beat
- Denroy Morgan - I'll Do Anything For You
- Brick - Sweat (til You Get Wet)
Sport Games on October 11, 1981
- Cincinnati Bengals - Baltimore Colts : 41 - 19
- Cleveland Browns - Pittsburgh Steelers : 7 - 13
- Dallas Cowboys - San Francisco 49ers : 14 - 45
- Detroit Lions - Denver Broncos : 21 - 27
- Los Angeles Rams - Atlanta Falcons : 37 - 35
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 11If October 11, 1981 is your birthday you're 38 years, 11 months, 19 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 11, 1981?
On October 11, 1981 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is October 11, 1981?
On October 11, 1981 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 11, 1981?
On October 11, 1981 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 11, 1981?
On October 11, 1981 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 11, 1981?
On October 11, 1981 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 11, 1981?
On October 11, 1981 several famous people were born including, Beau Brady.
What was the number one song in October 11, 1981?
The number one song in the week of October 11, 1981 was Endless Love by Diana Ross in US and It's My Party by Dave Stewart With Barbara Gaskin in UK.
What were the top hits on October 11, 1981?
The top hits on October 11, 1981 were Endless Love by Diana Ross, Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) by Christopher Cross, Stop Draggin' My Heart Around by Stevie Nicks in US and It's My Party by Dave Stewart With Barbara Gaskin, The Birdie Song (Birdie Dance) by The Tweets, Prince Charming by Adam & The Ants in UK.