Thursday 8 October 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1981). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anja Boche and Juliana Guillermo.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK It's My Party by Dave Stewart With Barbara Gaskin was in the top 5 hits.
The Professional, directed by Georges Lautner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Cardinal Sins by Andrew M. Greeley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching That's My Boy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing President Elect or Qix.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1981
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1981!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1981 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Anja Boche
- Juliana Guillermo: Dutch royalty, the daughter and third child of Princess Christina of the Netherlands and her husband, Jorge Guillermo.
- Tim Draxl
- Ryuji Sainei: Japanese actor.
- Princess Juliana: Edenia Antonia of the Netherlands.
- Kalil Wilson: American singer and producer.
- Raffi Torres: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Ruby : Egyptian singer and actress.
- Vladimir Kisenkov: Russian footballer.
- 1st broadcast of Cagney & Lacey on ABC-TV
- US President Ronald Reagan greets predecessors Jimmy Carter, Gerald R Ford, and Richard Nixon before sending them to Egypt for Anwar Sadat's funeral.
- USAC appeals panel restores disputed Indy 500 victory to Al Unser.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) - Christopher Cross
- Stop Draggin' My Heart Around - Stevie Nicks
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- Foreigner - Urgent
- ELO - Hold On Tight
Top #10 R&B songs
- Four Tops - When She Was My Girl
- She's A Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked) - Carl Carlton
- Rick James - Super Freak (Part I)
- Endless Love - Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
- Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
- Al Jarreau - We're In This Love Together
- Love All The Hurt Away - Aretha Franklin And George Benson
- On The Beat - The B.B. And Q. Band
- Denroy Morgan - I'll Do Anything For You
- Brick - Sweat (til You Get Wet)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?