Thursday October 22, 1981
US date format: 10/22/1981, UK date format: 22/10/1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 22, 1981). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lisa D'Amato and Olivier Pla.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) by Christopher Cross.
In UK It's My Party by Dave Stewart With Barbara Gaskin was in the top 5 hits.
The Prowler, directed by Joseph Zito, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Lord God Made Them All by James Herriot was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Last Song.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Car Wars (TI 99/4A) or Castle Wolfenstein.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 22, 1981?
- Start of 1st-class game at Newcastle, NSW vs. Queensland
- US national debt tops US$1 trillion.
- American Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization decertified.
- The United States Federal Labor Relations Authority votes to decertify the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization for its strike the previous August.
- See more
- Michael Granger: Actor (Creature with Atom Brain, Pier 5...
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 22, 1981?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Dan Fogelberg - Hard To Say
- Little River Band - The Night Owls
- Rick Springfield - I've Done Everything For You
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
- Four Tops - When She Was My Girl
- Carl Carlton - She's A Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked)
- Diana Ross & Lionel Richie - Endless Love
- Rick James - Super Freak (Part I)
- Aretha Franklin And George Benson - Love All The Hurt Away
- Roger - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- The Time - Get It Up
- Kool & The Gang - Take My Heart (You Can Have It If You Want It)
- Teddy Pendergrass - I Can't Live Without Your Love
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 22If October 22, 1981 is your birthday you're 38 years, 10 months, 28 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 1 month, 3 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?