Monday 4 April 1932
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrei Tarkovski and Anthony Perkins in New York City.
Scarface, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1932!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1932 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Andrei Tarkovski: Russian director (Solaris, Stalker).
- Anthony Perkins in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Psycho, Fear Strikes Out, Pretty Poison).
- Richard G Lugar American politician (Senator-Republican-Indiana: 1977-).
- Estelle Harris: American actress.
- Pierre Lacotte: French ballet dancer; choreographer and teacher.
- Richard Lugar: American politician, a Senator from Indiana.
- Tony Perkins: American actor with a nervous, sensitive look and a lopsided grin. The son of an actor, he worked summer stock as a kid. At age 57, he was married (1973) with two teenagers; however, in an interview he reported that he was afraid of sex up to the age of 40, as his mom had been continually touching and caressing him in a way that was distressing. As an adult he sought psychiatric help and at the age of 40, he lost his virginity in an explosive love affair with Virginia Principal. He married Berry
- Andrei Tarkovsky: The most famous Soviet film-maker since Sergei M. Eisenstein, Andrei Tarkovsky (the son of noted poet Arseniy Tarkovsky) studied music and Arabic in Moscow before enrolling in the Soviet film school V.G.I.K. He shot to international attention with his first feature, Ivan's Childhood (1962), which won the top prize at the Venice Film Festival. This resulted in high expectations for his second feature _Andrei Rublyov (1969)_, which was banned by the Soviet authorities until 1971. It was shown at t
- Anthony Perkins: American actor, most noted for his portrayal of Norman Bates in Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 film Psycho (born 1932).
- Clive Davis: American record producer founded Arista Records and J Records
- Johanna Reiss: Dutch-American author
- Vitamin C first isolated, by C C King, at University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 April 1932
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?