Monday 25 April 1932
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Roache and Alain Besançon.
Grand Hotel, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Sons by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 April 1932 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- William Roache: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Ken Barlow-Coronation Street).
- Alain Besançon: French historian, writer, culture critic and expert on Russian politics and intellectual history who serves as honorary director of studies at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS) in Paris.
- Meadowlark Lemon: American basketball player actor and minister (d. 2015).
- Lia Manoliu: Romania -- Discus thrower (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?