Saturday 23 April 1932
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arrigo Cipriani and Halston [R.
Grand Hotel, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Magnolia Street by Louis Golding was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 April 1932 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Arrigo Cipriani: Italian owner of the famous chain of clubs, "Harry's Bar.
- Halston [R: Halston Frowick]; fashion designer (1972 Hall of Fame).
- William Roache: British actor, the longest-running player in the UK series "Coronation Street," He has played Ken Barlow in the soap opera Coronation Street since its first episode on 9 December 1960.
- Halston : American fashion designer (Born 1932).
- Jim Fixx: American runner and author (d. 1984).
- Shakespeare Memorial Theatre opens at Stratford-on-Avon.
- The 153-year old De Adriaan Windmill in Haarlem, Netherlands burns down. It is rebuilt and reopens exactly 70 years later.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?