Wednesday 27 April 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anouk Aimée and Casey Kasem.
Grand Hotel, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 April 1932 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Anouk Aimée: French actress with a film debut in 1947, a hauntingly beautiful brunette, feline, graceful.
- Casey Kasem: American "musical countdown king" radio disk jockey, who co-created and hosted the hit ABC radio show "America's Top 40" until 1988, then went on to syndication, weekly television, and sales pitches for a wide variety of products.
- Clément Guillon: French Roman Catholic bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Quimper, France.
- Melvin Burckes: American engineer and noted family, the son of Jean Gullo, who was the head of the Theosophical Order of Service.
- Chuck Knox NFL coach (Los Angeles Rams: Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks).
- Casey Kasem in Detroit: Michigan, USA; radio personality (American Top 40).
- Anouk Aimee: French actress.
- Aimé Anouk: Paris 16éme Actor.
- Pik Botha: South African lawyer politician and diplomat 8th South African Ambassador to the United States.
- Maxine Brown: American singer-songwriter (The Browns).
- Derek Minter: English motorcycle racer (d. 2015).
- Gian-Carlo Rota: Italian-born American mathematician and philosopher (d. 1999).
- Charles Adkins: United States -- Light welterweight boxer (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Francois Bayle: Composer.
- Petar Ozgijan: Composer.
- Harold "Heart" Crane: American poet (Bridge), commits suicide at age 32 by jumping from a steamer while sailing from MTxico to New York.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?