Thursday 4 June 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Dern and David Lyon.
Fury, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 June 1936 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Bruce Dern: American actor working in films since 1960, often playing the roles of unstable, psychotic or fanatic characters.
- David Lyon: CEO (Bowater).
- Bruce Dern in Winnetka: Illinois, USA; actor (Coming Home, Silent Running, Tatoo).
- Nutan Behl: Indian actress (d. 1991).
- Nutan : Indian actress and singer (d. 1991).
- Vince Camuto: American fashion designer and businessman co-founded Nine West (d. 2015).
- Oleg Fyodoseyev: Russian triple jumper (d. 2001).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?