Wednesday 17 June 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Struan Sutherland and Vern Harper.
Secret Agent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1936!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1936 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Struan Sutherland: Australian pharmacologist, physician, epidemiologist, author, and professor, who development of an anti-venom for the Sydney Funnel web spider, he headed the Australian Venom Research Unit, Department of Phamacology at the University of Melbourne.
- Vern Harper: Canadian First Nations Cree Elder and veteran of the Korean War.
- Ken Loach: English director producer and screenwriter.
- Kenneth Loach: TV director (Singing the Blues in Red).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?