Friday 4 June 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mortimer B Zuckerman and Freddy Fender.
A Day at the Races, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while And So-Victoria by Vaughan Wilkins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1937 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Mortimer B Zuckerman: CEO (US News & World Report, New York Daily News).
- Freddy Fender: American singer and guitarist (Texas Tornados and Los Super Seven) (d. 2006).
- Robert Fulghum: American author.
- Gorilla Monsoon: American wrestler manager and sportscaster (d. 1999).
- Mortimer Zuckerman: Canadian-American businessman founded Boston Properties.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?