Tuesday 16 June 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ann Carter and August Willemsen.
Secret Agent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 June 1936 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Ann Carter: American actress and educator (d. 2014).
- August Willemsen: Dutch poet / translator.
- Fred Oster: Dutch TV host.
- Alberta Schambert: American missing person, seen on the television program "Unsolved Mysteries.
- Leib Malach: Yiddish writer.
- Dutch Queen Wilhelmina opens the Waal bridge
- Pope Pius XI receives Anton Mussert (Dutch Nazi collaborator)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?