Saturday 10 June 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include C J Richardson and David Dunn.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Deep Throat, directed by Jerry Gerard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Captains And The Kings by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1972 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- C J Richardson: NFL safety (Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks).
- David Dunn: NFL wide receiver (Cin Bengals).
- Edward Reevey: St. John, New Brunswick -- Canadian Tour golfer (1992 SC Intercol).
- Pat Johnson: NFL safety (Miami Dolphins).
- Radmila Sekerinska: Macedonian politician.
- Steven Fischer: American film producer and director
- Radmila Šekerinska: Macedonian politician Prime Minister of the Republic of Macedonia
- 104th Belmont: Ron Turcotte aboard Riva Ridge wins in 2:28
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?