Friday 4 July 1958, US Independence Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kirk Pengilly in Sydney and Jenny Seagrove.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
King Creole, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Please Don'T Eat The Daisies by Jean Kerr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1958 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Kirk Pengilly in Sydney: Australia; rocker (Inxs - "Kiss the Dirt").
- Jenny Seagrove: British actress born in Malaysia, the daughter of an Indonesian businessman.
- Steve Hartman: American sports radio host.
- Kirk Pengilly: Australian singer and guitarist (INXS).
- Carl Valentine: English-Canadian footballer coach and manager.
- Adolf Herckenrath: Flemish playwright / Poet (Avondvlam), dies at 79.
- 72nd Wimbledon Mens Tennis: A Cooper beats N Fraser (36 63 64 13-11)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Jan and Arnie - Jennie Lee
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- The Four Preps - Big Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?