Friday May 4, 1990US date format: 5/4/1990, UK date format: 4/5/1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 4, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ignacio Camacho and Andrea Torres.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor.
In UK Killer by Adamski was in the top 5 hits.
Far Out Man, directed by Tommy Chong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Head First by Norman Cousins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jeeves and Wooster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing European Superleague or Cratermaze.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1990 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Ignacio Camacho
- Andrea Torres
- Sawyer Hartman: YouTube Star.
- Elliott Gruenberg: Guitarist.
- Matthias Cuntz: German footballer.
- Irina Falconi: American tennis player.
- Danny Wilkin: Bassist.
- Gabriel Barreto: American noted family, the son of...
- Angela Bowie reveals that ex husband David slept with Mick Jagger
- Pakistan beats Australia by 36 runs to win Austral-Asia Cup, Sharjah.
- Latvia proclaims the renewal of its independence after the Soviet occupation.
- Cold War: Latvia declares independence from the Soviet Union.
- May 6–13 – Pope John Paul II visits Mexico.
- Cold War: Estonia restores the formal name of the country, the Republic of Estonia, as well as the state emblems (the coat of arms, the flag and the anthem).
- Rafael Ángel Calderón Fournier assumes office as President of Costa Rica.
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1990?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
- Calloway - I Wanna Be Rich
- Michael Bolton - How Can We Be Lovers
- Madonna - Vogue
- Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- Babyface - Whip Appeal
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Aerosmith - What It Takes
- Janet Jackson - Alright
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- Howard Hewett - Show Me
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
- All Over You (From "Def By Temptation") - Freddie Jackson
- Regina Belle - What Goes Around
- After 7 - Ready Or Not
- En Vogue - Hold On
- Tyler Collins - Girls Nite Out
- Soul II Soul - Get A Life
- Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ana Gabriel - Quien Como Tu
- Abre Las Ventanas Al Amor - Roberto Carlos
- Ni Tu Ni Ella - Alvaro Torres
- Gipsy Kings - Volare
- Flor Dormida - Luis Angel
- Me Va A Extranar - Ricardo Montaner
- Kaoma - Dancando Lambada
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
- Corazon A La Deriva - Lucerito
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?