Friday 4 May 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Hick, directed by Derick Martini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hakesher Haisraeli Conspiracy with Ben Caspit.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crosswords Plus or Dokuro.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 4 May 2012 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 May
- At least one person is killed and at least 373 others are wounded when armed forces fire water cannon, tear gas and rocks on demonstrators near Egypt's defence ministry in Cairo. (Al Jazeera)
- Official figures indicate that at least 144 people were injured at an Armenian government campaign event in Yerevan's central square after an explosion during a political rally. (Al Jazeera)
- At least eleven people are killed in a suicide bombing attack in a crowded market in Pakistan's Bajaur Agency. (Reuters via MSNBC)
- Mexican Drug War
- 23 bodies—14 of them decapitated and 9 of them hanged from a bridge—were found in the Mexican city of Nuevo Laredo those killed were reportedly members of the Gulf Cartel who were killed by Los Zetas, a rival cartel. (Yahoo! News)
- Adam Yauch, founding member of the influential hip hop group the Beastie Boys, dies aged 47. (BBC)
- A new study published in ''The Lancet'' finds that up to 90 per cent of school-leavers in Asia's major cities are suffering from myopia, or short-sightedness and that 10 to 20 per cent have high myopia, which can lead to blindness. (Al Jazeera)
- Former media mogul Conrad Black is released from prison in Miami after being locked up for just over three years for defrauding investors. (BBC)
- Sun Hung Kai Properties, Hong Kong's largest real estate developer, advises the markets that former chairman Walter Kwok was arrested for corruption and released on bail. (Reuters)
- The UK government is to launch a consultation process on introducing measures requiring internet users to opt-in if they wish to view adult content. (BBC)
- The trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the accused mastermind of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, starts at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. (CNN)
- Tanzania's President Jakaya Kikwete sacks six ministers amid allegations of government corruption. (BBC)
- Voters in Iran go to the polls for the second round of legislative elections. (Reuters)
- Boris Johnson is reelected as the Mayor of London for a second term. (Politico)
- The Labour Party make significant gains in local elections thoughout the United Kingdom. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 4 May 2012
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alcoyano - Cordoba : 3 - 3
Division 2Football (France)
- Boulogne - Laval : 3 - 0
- Chateauroux - Tours : 1 - 3
- Clermont - Sedan : 1 - 1
- Istres - Angers : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?