Friday 4 May 2007US date format: 5/4/2007, UK date format: 4/5/2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 4, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
I Could Never Be Your Woman, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Kingdom Come by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Madame Hollywood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beowulf: The Game or Sujin Taisen: Number Battles.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 2007 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 May
- Tornado strikes Greensburg, Kansas, killing at least 12 and destroying about 90 percent of the town.
- Executive Directive 51, which specifies the procedures for continuity of the federal government of the United States in the event of a "catastrophic emergency" is signed by President George W. Bush.
- The Scottish National Party wins the Scottish general election and becomes the largest party in the Scottish Parliament for the first time ever.
- Three U.S. Republican legislators from Alaska are charged with accepting bribes to support legislation favorable to oil services company Veco Corp. (AP via Forbes)
- A heavy-lift ''Ariane 5'' rocket blasts off from French Guiana putting into orbit two telecommunications satellites, Astra 1L and Galaxy 17. (Reuters)
- The Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong visits Washington D.C. for talks with the President of the United States George W. Bush about South East Asia. (BBC)
- The Labour Party performs poorly in local and regional elections in the UK, with the Scottish National Party winning the most seats in the Scottish Parliament and the Conservatives performing well in English local government elections. (BBC)
- Airline Partners Australia Ltd. nearly issues a bid for Qantas Airways until its investors rejected it. (CNN)
- Mali's opposition Front for Democracy and the Republic calls on the Constitutional Court to annul last Sunday's presidential election. (BBC)
- Convicted terrorist Carlos the Jackal will face charges in France relating to alleged involvement in deadly bombings in 1982 and 1983. (AP via IHT)
- International delegates reach agreement at the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change on the summary report on mitigating climate change despite some concerns raised by China. (AP via CNN)
- Major world and Middle East powers discuss the future of Iraq on the second day of an International Compact for Iraq conference in Egypt. (BBC)
- A boat carrying nearly 150 Haitian migrants capsizes in the Atlantic Ocean 1 km off the coast of one of the Turks and Caicos Islands, killing at least twenty, requiring the rescue of at least seventy-three and leaving at least fifty-eight unaccounted for. (CBS)
- Two Cuban military deserters hijack a bus and reroute it to Havana Airport, before attempting to steal an empty passenger jet with the occupants of the bus as hostages. The plan is ultimately foiled but one hostage is killed before the men are captured.
Sport Games on 4 May 2007
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Lokeren - Genk : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hannover - Cottbus : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Offenbach : 1 - 1
- Erzgebirge Aue - Karlsruhe : 2 - 2
- Freiburg - Paderborn : 0 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Metz : 2 - 1
- Chateauroux - Caen : 1 - 1
- Grenoble - Bastia : 1 - 1
- Gueugnon - Libourne : 1 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in May 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') - T-Pain Featuring Yung Joc
- I'm A Flirt - R. Kelly Or Bow Wow (Featuring T.I. & T-Pain)
- Musiq Soulchild - Buddy
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Ciara - Like A Boy
- Pop, Lock & Drop It - Huey
- Lloyd - Get It Shawty
- Rock Yo Hips - Crime Mob Featuring Lil Scrappy
- 2 Step - Unk
Top #10 Latin songs
- Jennifer Lopez - Que Hiciste
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Ese - Conjunto Primavera
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Si Nos Quedara Poco Tiempo - Chayanne
- Es Cosa De El - Graciela Beltran
- Pegao - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Los Vaqueros
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Eres Para Mi - Julieta Venegas
- Beautiful Liar/Bello Embustero - Beyonce & Shakira
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $83.40
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $116.50
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $68.29
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $43.25
- 1 CAD = 1.0936 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9949 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9094 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4131 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?