Sunday 27 May 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') by T-Pain.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Brooks, directed by Bruce A. Evans, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The 6th Target by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Teen News Now.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun or Championship Manager 2008.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 27 May 2007 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 May
- Gretchen Wyler: American actress and dancer (d. 2007).
- Gay rights in Russia: Russian gay rights leaders and foreign dignitaries are beaten and arrested in Moscow. Moscow mayor Yuri Luzhkov had denied permission for a gay pride parade. (The Guardian)
- Nepalese police clash with Bhutanese asylum seekers at a United Nations resulting in one 16-year-old boy being killed and a dozen people being injured. (Reuters Alertnet)
- Iraq War: United States forces rescue 42 Iraqis from an al-Qaeda hideout northeast of Baghdad with some captives showing signs of torture. (AP via Nine MSN)
- China claims all gold and silver medals in the Table Tennis World Championships in Zagreb, Croatia. (Xinhua)
- 2007 Israel-Gaza conflict:
- Two Qassam rockets land in Israel with at least two casualties in Sderot.
- The IAF strikes two Hamas posts in the Gaza Strip, with no casualties reported. (Ynet)
- Spanish voters go to the polls in local and regional elections. (BBC)
- Venezuelan TV station Radio Caracas Television is shut down by the Hugo Chávez administration. (BBC)
- Romanian film ''4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days'' by Cristian Mungiu gets the Palme d'Or at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival. (Forbes)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 May 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?