Tuesday 29 May 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Ocean's Thirteen, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Teen News Now.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spider-Man 3 or Crash Dummy vs. The Evil D-Troit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 29 May 2007 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 May
- US President George W. Bush nominates former deputy secretary of state Robert Zoellick as President of the World Bank. (BBC)
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg takes the rare step of reading aloud her dissent in ''Ledbetter v. Goodyear''. (Washington Post)
- Heavy fighting resumes between the Lebanese army and al Qaeda linked militants at the Nahr el-Bared refugee camp. (AP via CNN)
- United States health officials quarantine a man who may have exposed passengers on two transatlantic flights to extensively drug resistant tuberculosis. (BBC)
- Russia successfully tests its new RS-24 ICBM, purportedly designed to defeat present and future anti-missile systems. (The Guardian)
- Iraqi insurgency:
- At least 22 people die in a car bombing in central Baghdad. (CNN)
- Five British nationals are kidnapped from a Finance Ministry building in central Baghdad. (Reuters)
- Zheng Xiaoyu, former head of the China's State Food and Drug Administration, is sentenced to death for taking bribes to approve untested medicines as Chinese authorities introduce a recall system for unsafe food products. (BBC)
- Ehud Barak, former Prime Minister of Israel, wins the first round of the Israeli Labor Party leadership election and faces a runoff against former secret service chief Ami Ayalon. (Reuters Alertnet)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?