Friday 4 November 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vittorio Fellegara and Jacques Faine.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by Harry A. Pollard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Jalna by Mazo de la Roche was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1927!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1927 ?
- Vittorio Fellegara: Composer.
- Jacques Faine: Rambouillet Journalist.
- Ren? Gri: Port-Ste Marie EXecutives.
- Frank Heath and his horse ''Gypsy Queen'' return to Washington, D.C., having completed a two-year journey of 11,356 miles to all 48 of the states (of that time).
- Mahatma Gandhi makes his first and last visit to Ceylon.
- Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin with undisputed control of the Soviet Union.
- The Holland Tunnel opens to traffic as the first vehicular tunnel under the Hudson River linking New Jersey with New York City.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?