Sunday 4 November 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Bunker and Hannah Weiner.
Show People, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1928 ?
- Larry Bunker: American drummer and vibraphone player (d. 2005).
- Hannah Weiner: American experimental poet (Born 1928).
- Arnold Rothstein is shot and killed in the Park Central Hotel in New York City: owing US$333,000 on a poker game.
- Jose Moncada elected President of Nicaragua
- Swedes start a tradition of eating Gustavus Adolphus pastries to commemorate the old warrior king.
- U.S. presidential election, 1928: Republican Herbert Hoover wins by a wide margin over Democrat Alfred E. Smith.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?