Tuesday 1 November 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Victor Pellot and Marcel Ophuls.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by Harry A. Pollard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Jalna by Mazo de la Roche was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1927!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1927 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Victor Pellot: Puerto Rican baseball player (d. 2005).
- Marcel Ophuls: French documentary filmmaker and actor, best known for his films The Sorrow and the Pity and Hôtel Terminus: The Life and Times of Klaus Barbie.
- John Rousselot: American politician from 1956, after a prior three-years in public relations.
- Jean Ferney: St Chamond physician.
- Vic Power: Puerto Rican baseball player and coach (d. 2005).
- Florence Mills: dancer/singer, dies at age 32 in New York City, USA.
- İsmet İnönü forms the new government in Turkey (The 5th government).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?