Thursday 17 November 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ellis Hillman and Robert Brown.
The Gaucho, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1927!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1927 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Ellis Hillman: Politician.
- Robert Brown: American actor.
- Fenella Fielding: British actress, a femme fatale with long dark hair who plays seductive to enigmatic roles with a silky purr.
- Raymond Offner: France sport Champion.
- Maurice Rosy: Belgian comics writer who also worked as artistic director of comics magazine Spirou during its golden period in the 1950ies and '60ies.
- Robert Drasnin: American clarinet player and composer (d. 2015)
- Nicholas Taylor: Canadian geologist businessman and politician
- Adolf A Joffe: Russian Author / diplomat, commits suicide at 44.
- Tornado hits Washington DC.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 November 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?