Thursday 17 November 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fenella Fielding and Maurice Rosy.
The Gaucho, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Lost Ecstasy by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1927!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1927 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Fenella Fielding: British actress, a femme fatale with long dark hair who plays seductive to enigmatic roles with a silky purr.
- Maurice Rosy: Belgian comics writer who also worked as artistic director of comics magazine Spirou during its golden period in the 1950ies and '60ies.
- Raymond Offner: France sport Champion.
- Robert Drasnin: American clarinet player and composer (d. 2015).
- Nicholas Taylor: Canadian geologist businessman and politician.
- Adolf A Joffe: Russian Author / diplomat, commits suicide at 44.
- Tornado hits Washington DC.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?