Wednesday 9 November 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carel W H Boshoff and Antonio Bellocchio.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by Harry A. Pollard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while The Plutocrat by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1927!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1927 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Carel W H Boshoff: South African head (Broederbond / Volkswag).
- Antonio Bellocchio: Italian politician.
- Ole Olsen: Danish motorcycle racer.
- Pastor of Have begins blessing of motorcars / motors
- Giant panda discovered in China.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?