Friday 18 November 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 18, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ann E Parker and Hank Ballard.
The Gaucho, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 November 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1927!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1927 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Ann E Parker
- Hank Ballard: American rhythm'n'blues singer and songwriter (d. 2003).
- Lawrence Kenneth Moss: Composer.
- Ann Parker: American astrologer, the author of "Astrology and Alcoholism," 1982 and research works on Earthquakes.
- Roger Tailleur: French film critic and journalist.
- Knowlton Nash: Canadian journalist and author (d. 2014).