Friday 11 November 1927, Veteran's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luigi Malerba and Mose Allison.
My Best Girl, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1927!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1927 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Luigi Malerba: Italian screenwriter and producer of romances.
- Mose Allison: American musician, a pianist who fused country blues and modern piano tradition from Nat Cole to Theolonius Monk into a wry, personal style.
- Odette Casteur: French champion swimmer.
- Henri Coulette: American poet and educator.
- Lord Wolfson: English multi-millionaire.
- Jamelle Folsom: American wife of Jim Folsom (d. 2012).
- Martin Špegelj: Croatian general and politician 2nd Croatian Minister of Defence (d. 2014).
- Gilbert Delcros: French psychosociologist, an expert in subjects, issues, and problems common to psychology and sociology.
- Mose Allison in Mississippi: USA; jazz artist ("Black Country Suite").