Tuesday 4 November 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Role Models, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Um Mundo Catita.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Age of Booty or Age of Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 4 November 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 November
- California votes to approve a constitutional ban on gay marriage.
- In general elections in the USA, Democratic Party nominee Senator Barack Obama is elected first half-black president, with running mate Joe Biden as Vice President. The electoral college presidential vote is 364 to 174, with popular vote 52 to 46 percent. The Democratic party increases their number in Congress by about 20 seats, and in the Senate control 60 of 100 seats. This was the longest election in US history, and most expensive.
- Arkansas votes 63 percent in favor of a state lottery.
- Proposition 8 passes in California, revoking state recognition of LGBT marriages.
- Barack Obama becomes the first African-American to be elected President of the United States.
- Mexican Interior Minister Juan Camilo Mouriño dies along with at least 12 others after the airplane he was on crashes into rush-hour Mexico City traffic. (BBC News)
- The Straits Exchange Foundation and the Association for Relations Across the Taiwan Straits sign four agreements for the Three Links across the Taiwan Strait, a major step in normalizing Cross-Strait relations. (CNN)
- United States general elections:
- Australia Viewed wins the Melbourne Cup in a historic photo finish, followed by Bauer, second, and C'est la Guerre, third. (About.com)
- Michael Crichton, author of several famous novels including Jurassic Park, The Lost World, and The Andromeda Strain, dies at age 66. (Gale Cengage Learning)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 November 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?