Tuesday 11 November 2008, Veteran's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Um Mundo Catita.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Class of Heroes or Chess Crusade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 11 November 2008 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 November
- Herb Score: American baseball player (Born 1933).
- RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) sets sail on her final voyage to Dubai.
- Peter Eastgate of Denmark wins the 2008 World Series of Poker main event, the $10,000 No-Limit Hold'em World Championship, winning over US$9.1 million. (ESPN)
- Germany announces new charges against John Demjanjuk in the deaths of 29,000 people at the Sobibor extermination camp in Poland during the Holocaust. (BBC News)
- A Holocaust survivor group announces the abandonment of negotiations with the Mormon church over the latter's continued posthumous baptism of Jews killed in the Holocaust. (CNN)
- Egypt's antiquities chief, Zahi Hawass, announces the discovery of a 4,300-year-old pyramid belonging to Queen Sesheshet, mother of King Teti. (CNN)
- Former President Chen Shui-bian of the Republic of China is arrested while the anti-corruption prosecutors have asked a three-judge panel to formally detain the former President. (CNN)
- The Indian Navy foils an attempt by Somali pirates to hijack a merchant ship in Gulf of Aden. (''The Indian Express'')
- 2008 Russian financial crisis:
- Russian regulators halt trading on one of the country's two main stock indexes, the MICEX, after it fell 6.5%, dragged down by commodity and banking shares. (AP via Google News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?