Monday 6 August 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janice-Lee York Romary and Jean-Christophe Averty.
The Mysterious Lady, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1928 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Janice-Lee York Romary: California, United States -- Fencer (Olympics - 1948-68).
- Jean-Christophe Averty: French actor and television personality.
- Andy Warhol: American underground artist and film maker who had a genius for creating attention.
- Jean Carriere: Némes Writer.
- Herb Moford: American baseball player (Born 1928).
- William Henry Grattan Flood: Composer, dies at 68.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?