Monday 6 August 1928US date format: 8/6/1928, UK date format: 6/8/1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andy Warhol and Jean Carrière.
Holding His Own, directed by Leslie Goodwins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1928 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Andy Warhol: American underground artist and film maker who had a genius for creating attention.
- Jean Carrière
- Jean-Christophe Averty: French actor and television personality.
- Janice-Lee York Romary: California, United States -- Fencer (Olympics - 1948-68).
- Jean Carriere: Némes Writer.
- Herb Moford: American baseball player (Born 1928).
- William Henry Grattan Flood: Composer, dies at 68.