Friday 28 November 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Unsung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aoi Shiro or Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What to Eat?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 28 November 2008 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 November
- Five people are arrested in France and Romania as a result of an investigation into the killing of Brahim Deby, a son of the President of Chad Idriss Deby. (AP via Google News)
- Black Friday: As the Christmas shopping season begins in the United States, two are shot at a Toys R Us store in Palm Desert, California, and a Wal-Mart employee is crushed in a stampede after shoppers broke down a front door in Valley Stream, New York. (Bloomberg)
- November 2008 Mumbai attacks: Indian security forces attack a Jewish centre in Mumbai where gunmen are holding an unknown number of hostages. (BBC)
- United Kingdom Conservative Party Shadow Minister Damian Green is arrested for alleged leaking of Government immigration statistics (BBC)
- 2008 Thai political crisis:
- The Prime Minister of Thailand, Somchai Wongsawat, declares a state of emergency to allow police to clear Bangkok's two international airports of protesters. (Radio Australia)
- The government deputy spokesman has announced that PM Somchai will still stay in Chiang Mai because of unsettled army situation and closure of the two airports in Bangkok. (Nation Multimedia)
- People's Alliance for Democracy has prepared the third set of its leaders, in case its first and second set are arrested or assassinated, but have not announced the leaders' names yet. (Bangkok Post)
- About 5,000 Muslim Haj pilgrims are unable to leave the airport to Mecca. (Bangkok Post)
- Canada faces a parliamentary crisis as the opposition Liberals, NDP and Bloc Québécois reject the policies in the Conservative minority government's ampquoteconomic update.ampquot Following talks between the Liberals and NDP, plans are unveiled to hold a vote of no confidence and replace the Conservatives with a Liberal-NDP coalition. (Globe and Mail)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 November 2008
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Dender - Anderlecht : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hertha - FC Koln : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - Aachen : 1 - 1
- Koblenz - Ahlen : 4 - 1
- Osnabruck - Nurnberg : 1 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Boulogne : 0 - 2
- Angers - Montpellier : 3 - 3
- Brest - Chateauroux : 2 - 0
- Clermont - Dijon : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?