Friday 14 November 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 14, 2008). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Cadillac Records, directed by Darnell Martin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Snowball by Alice Schroeder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Raising the Bar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Crush Returns or Crash: Mind over Mutant.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 November 2008
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 14 November 2008 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 November
- From Florida, NASA launches the space shuttle Endeavour, to continue construction of the International Space Station.
- ''STS-126'': The Space Shuttle Endeavour uses the MPLM Leonardo to deliver experiment and storage racks to the International Space Station. There will be only three more launches of Space Shuttle Endeavour after this mission.
- At a summit in Nice, France, the European Union and Russia agree to refrain from deploying missiles or missile defense systems at least before mid-2009, when a pan-European security framework is discussed between Russia, the United States and the EU. (Xinhua)
- General Ann E. Dunwoody becomes the first female four-star general in the history of the United States Army. (BBC News)
- An Italian court convicts 16 and acquits 13 police officers of beating protesters at the 2001 G8 summit in Genoa. (''The Telegraph'')
- The Eurozone enters its first recession as the combined gross domestic product of the 15 members dropped 0.2% in the second and third quarters of 2008. (Sky News)
- India's Chandrayaan-1 unmanned lunar exploration mission successfully lands the Moon Impact Probe on the south pole of the Moon. (''The Times of India'')
- The Montecito Tea Fire in California burns 2,500 acres and damages more than 100 homes and the campus of Westmont College. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- An investigation concludes that wake turbulence is the most likely cause of the November 4, 2008, airplane crash in Mexico City that killed, among others, Secretary of the Interior Juan Camilo Mouriño and José Luis Santiago Vasconcelos. (Reuters)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 November 2008
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Westerlo - Gent : 3 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hannover - Bochum : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Munich 1860 - Augsburg : 0 - 1
- Osnabruck - Wehen : 1 - 1
- St Pauli - Ahlen : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Amiens - Ajaccio : 2 - 0
- Bastia - Lens : 0 - 1
- Boulogne - Angers : 2 - 3
- Chateauroux - Vannes : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ne-Yo - Miss Independent
- Jennifer Hudson - Spotlight
- T.I. - Whatever You Like
- Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna
- Can't Believe It - T-Pain Featuring Lil Wayne
- Jazmine Sullivan - Need U Bad
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Mrs. Officer - Lil Wayne Featuring Bobby Valentino & Kidd Kidd
- Jazmine Sullivan - Bust Your Windows
- So Fly - Slim Featuring Yung Joc
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lloro Por Ti - Enrique Iglesias
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Vicente Fernandez - Para Siempre
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Como Duele - Ricardo Arjona
- La Cumbia Del Rio - Los Pikadientes de Caborca
- Amor Inmortal - Chayanne
- Odio Por Amor - Juanes
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
As the line for handouts grows, the government must gain a better understanding of the problems and a willingness to force painful changes on these troubled industries. [..]
Britain’s biggest phone company, the BT Group, said that it would cut about 6 percent of its work force as it sought to revive profit growth. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $46.78
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $60.31
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $51.29
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $30.72
- 1 CHF = 5.7046 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.5259 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9681 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.4423 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?