Saturday 4 September 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dawn Fraser and Gene Ludwig.
The Lower Depths, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Northwest Passage (novel) by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1937!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1937 ?
- Dawn Fraser: Australian athlete, officially recognized by an international jury as the world's finest female swimmer of the century at a ceremony for the World Sports Awards in Vienna in November 1999.
- Gene Ludwig: American organist and composer (d. 2010).
- Mikk Mikiver: Estonian actor and director (d. 2006).
- Virgil Richard: American general (d. 2013).
- Les Allen: English footballer and manager.
- Nicholas Worth: American actor (d. 2007)
- Giovanni Salviucci: Composer, dies at 29.
- Doris Kopsky becomes first NABA woman cycling champion (4:22.4).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?