Wednesday 16 September 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amos Tom Wargo and Linda G Miller.
Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror, directed by John Rawlins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while And Now Tomorrow by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1942 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Amos Tom Wargo: Marlette, Michigan -- PGA golfer (1993 PGA Seniors Champion).
- Linda G Miller: New York City, New York, USA; actress (Night of the Juggler, Mississippi).
- Beverly Aadland: American news figure as the 15-year-old mistress of 31-year-older Errol Flynn who was with him aboard his yacht in Vancouver Harbor on 10/14/1959 when he died of a heart attack.
- Bernie Calvert: English bass player and keyboard player (The Hollies).
- Dennis Conner: American sailor.
- Japanese attack on Port Moresby repelled
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?