Wednesday 16 September 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Beverly Aadland and Emmerson Mnangagwa.
West of the Law, directed by Howard Bretherton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1942 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Beverly Aadland: American news figure as the 15-year-old mistress of 31-year-older Errol Flynn who was with him aboard his yacht in Vancouver Harbor on 10/14/1959 when he died of a heart attack.
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: Politician.
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro: Writer.
- Amos Tom Wargo: Marlette, Michigan -- PGA golfer (1993 PGA Seniors Champion).
- Linda G Miller: New York City, New York, USA; actress (Night of the Juggler, Mississippi).
- Wen Jiabao: Statesman.
- Dennis Conner: American sailor.
- Tadamasa Goto: Japanese mob boss.
- Susan Graham: American computer scientist and academic.
- Bernie Calvert: English bass player and keyboard player (The Hollies).
- Japanese attack on Port Moresby repelled