Wednesday 29 September 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alice Mahon and R B Heywood.
Something to Sing About, directed by Victor Schertzinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Body-Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1937!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1937 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Alice Mahon: British MP.
- R B Heywood: Director (British Antarctic Survey).
- Jean Elkabbach: Algerian-born French journalist, television host and TV executive.
- Ray Ewry: Jumper (1900, 04, 06, 08 Olympics - 10 Gold Medals), dies at 63.
- Frans Slaats bicycles world record time (45,563 km)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?