Sunday 26 September 1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joop Admiral and Karl Glad.
Something to Sing About, directed by Victor Schertzinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1937!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1937 ?
- Joop Admiral: Dutch actor / director (You Are My Mother).
- Karl Glad: Norwegian jurist and industrialist.
- Sylvia Schlueter: American astrologer, a colleague, friend and neighbor of Nan Burket in Dawson, IL.
- Valentin Pavlov: Russian banker and politician 11th Premier of the Soviet Union (d. 2003).
- Jerry Weintraub: American film producer and agent (d. 2015).
- Bessie Smith: Singer, dies of injuries sustained in car crash at 43.
- Street and Smith Publications launches a half-hour radio program, ''The Shadow'', with Orson Welles in the title role.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?