Wednesday 4 September 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donna Wilkins and Sam Yaffa.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Shock Corridor, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1963 ?
- Donna Wilkins: Miami, Florida -- LPGA golfer (1987 S&H Golf Classic-5th).
- Sam Yaffa: Finnish musician (Hanoi Rocks, New York Dolls).
- Natacha Amal: Belgian actress (mainly French TV series), born to a Moroccan father and a Russian mother.
- Anthony Sarro: American gang member, shot to death on 11/06/1995 along with his uncle Robert Luisi, 55 and his cousin Roman, 25 and family friend Anthony Pelosi, 53.
- Bobby Jarzombek: American drummer (Halford Spastic Ink Fates Warning and Juggernaut).
- John Vanbiesbrouck: Detroit, Michigan -- NHL goalie (Team USA, Florida)
- Sami Yaffa: Finnish singer-songwriter and bass player (Hanoi Rocks New York Dolls Demolition 23 and Jetboy)
- Robert Schuman: French conservative parliamentarian in the Third Republic, 1919-40, also served twice as Prime Minister of the Fourth Republic, 1947-48, MRP deputy, 1944-62 and Foreign Minister, 1948-53.
- Swissair Flight 306 crashes near Durrenasch, Switzerland, killing all 80 people on board.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 September 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Major Lance - The Monkey Time
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Freddie Scott - Hey, Girl
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?