Thursday 5 September 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brandon Krovoza and Dave Brantley.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Harakiri, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1963 ?
- Brandon Krovoza: Newport Beach, California -- Canoeist (1996 Olympics).
- Dave Brantley: Florence, Alabama -- Pitcher (Cin Reds).
- John Elliot: Bristol, Connecticut -- Nike golfer (1994 NIKE Miss Gulf Coast).
- Tim McKyer: NFL defensive back (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Jonathan Phillips: English actor.
- Kristian Alfonso: American actress, a TV soap star as Hope Brady on "Days of Our Lives." Formerly a figure skating champion, she won a Gold Medal in the Jr. Olympics. She became a model, appearing on the covers of Vogue and Bazaar at 15. She broke into acting on "Days" before switching to "Falcon Crest." Married Simon Macauley, a realtor.
- Juan Alderete: American bass player and songwriter (Racer X The Mars Volta Omar Rodriguez Lopez Group The Scream and Big Sir)
- Jeff Brantley: American baseball player and sportscaster
- Taki Inoue: Japanese race car driver and manager
- Jonny Phillips: English actor
- British prostitute Christine Keeler is arrested for perjury. On December 6 she is sentenced to 9 months in prison.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 September 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Major Lance - The Monkey Time
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Freddie Scott - Hey, Girl
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?