Tuesday 17 September 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rami Saari and Steven Dye.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Vivre Sa Vie, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. Novak.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1963 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Rami Saari: Israeli poet and translator.
- Steven Dye: English musician (Scarlet Party), (The Alan Parsons Project).
- Amy Roloff: American reality star.
- Wendy Northcutt: Author of the Darwin Awards.
- Gian-Carlo Coppola: American noted family, son of director Francis Ford Coppola & his wife Eleanor Neil Coppola; nephew of Talia Shire.
- Masahiro Chono: American-Japanese wrestler and manager
- William Shockley: American actor producer and screenwriter
- James Urbaniak: American actor producer and screenwriter
- Fugitive premieres on ABC TV
- Train struck makeshift bus full of migrant workers, killing 32
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 September 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Beach Boys - Surfer Girl
- The Miracles - Mickey's Monkey
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?