Sunday 29 September 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Les Claypool and Dave Andreychuk.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood and the Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1963 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Les Claypool: US funk metal singer / bassist (Primus-Suck on This).
- Dave Andreychuk: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Judy Garland Show, debuts on CBS-TV
- My Favorite Martian, starring Ray Walston, debuts on CBS-TV
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Mickey Wright Golf Invitational
- Pope Paul opens 2nd sitting of 2nd Vatican council
- Stan Musial Day in St. Louis
- Rolling Stones first tour (opening act for Bo Diddley and Everly Brothers).
- Houston Colt .45s' John Paciorek goes three for three in his only game.
- The second period of the Second Vatican Council opens.
- The University of East Anglia is established in Norwich, England.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Tymes - Wonderful! Wonderful!
- The Miracles - Mickey's Monkey
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?