Saturday 7 September 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Éric Di Meco and Prieto Quintuplets.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Harakiri, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lieutenant.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1963 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Éric Di Meco: French footballer (soccer player) who played professionally as a left defender (1980-1998) and on the national team (1989-1996).
- Prieto Quintuplets: Venezuelan quintuplets born to a 39-year-old dad, an oil field worker, and a 34-year-old mom.
- Eazy E: Rapper.
- Eazy-E : American rapper and producer (d. 1995).
- Brent Liles: American bass player (Social Distortion and Agent Orange) (d. 2007).
- 1st US TV appearance of Beatles (Big Night Out-ABC)
- American Bandstand moves to California, and airs once a week on Saturday
- The Pro Football Hall of Fame opens in Canton, Ohio with 17 charter members.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 September 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Major Lance - The Monkey Time
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Freddie Scott - Hey, Girl
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?